Every hiring manager should have a repeatable selection process consisting of three phases: job and candidate definition, screening, and evaluation. Here is how a hiring manager knows if they have an excellent selection process:
- Do employees respect the new hire for succeeding in the selection process?
- Would employees cringe if they had to go through the selection process?
- Do weak candidates drop out of the selection process because it is too hard?
- Are superstars attracted to the company because the selection process ensures weak candidates are not hired?
- Does every new hire, without exception, go through the selection process?
- Do potential superstars embrace the selection process?
Empowered hiring managers have a quality selection process, are disciplined in administering it, and make successful hires.
Plan To Attend Our Webinar:
The 3 Pillars Of Succession-Part 2
Join us June 7th at 2:30 pm as Cyndi Gave discusses Senior and Key Management Succession Planning.