How performance acceleration works
The process kicks off with a learning period about the manager. We dive deep into discovery of direct reports communication style, behavior style, and motivational make up. The manager will come away with a new understanding of how they are perceived by others and where to leverage their internal, natural habits.
The managers will take part in an interactive all day learning session diving into the 7 most important leadership practices. These 7 practices are the cornerstone of leadership and we will dive deep in understanding them and how the managers can incorporate them into their day to day.
Coming out of the session, there will be time to implement these new learned practices. Each manager will have a personal meeting with our Advisors to discuss the application of these learnings and put together an actionable development plan.
The Performance Acceleration Process
Using management assessments, managers will learn about their communication style, behavior style, and motivational make up. This period of self discovery begins the leaders deeper understanding of themselves and eventually those who report to them.
This session is built to help managers understand the 7 key practices to being a phenomenal leader:
- Empowerment – The foundation of leadership; borders and boundaries;
- Succession – Your direct reports should be continuously growing and developing. There should be business continuity even if someone is out for 6 weeks!
- Personal Development – Direct reports are responsible for keeping their saw sharp and growing in four key areas: Physical, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual.
- Scorecard/Job Accountabilities – Job Accountabilities are the blueprints for role clarity. Once a role is understood and defined, the direct report is able to grow to take on more responsibility. Developing the wrong people is not the right solution
- Feedback and Communication – Feedback is key for direct report growth and course correction. Learning the different purposes and types of feedback for different types of people is critical.
- One on One’s – One on One’s are by far the most effective practice to getting more out of your direct reports. Perfecting and preparing for these meetings is paramount to enhancing communication between managers and direct reports.
- Performance Reviews – Performance reviews are informal, quarterly meetings to review progress towards goals and discuss if direct reports are on track or off track.
- Goal Setting – Clear, defined goals are important for each individual to work towards. Goals should be measurable, time bound, and aligned with the organization’s.
Each manager will schedule time with our team to discuss the application period and how they have successfully or unsuccessfully implemented the practices. Our team will coach the managers on some best practices and tips to implement the practices easier or make them more impactful.
Customizing feedback based on personality type
We delineate our feedback by breaking down your team according to personality type, with specialized stragegies for each.
During our coaching sessions, a theme will appear in areas that the managers all seem to be struggling. We customize the second half day session to go deeper in these areas and make sure we are reinforcing the learnings.
After the half day session, the managers will have a firm understanding of all the seven practices and will refine how they are being implemented.
After the second application period, our team will schedule a final coaching session with each manager to discuss any issues or areas of developmental need in the seven practices. These sessions go a long way in cementing the practices and making them part of their normal managerial routine.
Great Leaders. Great Teams.
Great leaders make their people even greater. When leaders empower, support, and challenge their direct reports to improve, they find great success.
Performance AccelerationTeam optimization by Metiss
Full Workshop ($15,000)
One-on-one Coaching ($12,000/year)
Team Evaluations ($7,500/team)
Accountability Matrices ($4,500/scorecard)
Who is The Metiss Group?
The Metiss Group is a team of experts in behavioral science, and for the last 20 years, have been leveraging scientific rigor to discover and recruit talent for organizations with specific cultures and needs.
The three service pillars of our innovative platform comprised of Employee Selection, Performance Acceleration, and Organizational Health are designed to help businesses grow and fulfill their potential.